Purpose & Key Accountabilities
As a first-year apprentice, the primary function of the position is to inspect, diagnose, repair and service mechanical, electronic systems, and components of vehicles serviced and owned by BMW St. John’s.
Duties & Responsibility
- Recalls, wheel bearings, and light diagnostics.
- Change, repair or replace parts and components of automotive systems, including fuel, brake, steering and suspension systems, cooling and climate control systems by using hand tools and other specialized automotive repair equipment.
- Troubleshoot and repair light engine performance problems.
- Perform scheduled maintenance service, such as oil changes, lubrications and tune-ups.
- Must be competent with tools required for repair of all assigned jobs and able to operate lifting devices.
- Ability to use diagnostic equipment.
- Verify vehicle serviceability by conducting test drives before and after repair and maintenance work.
- Advise customers on work performed, general vehicle conditions and future repair requirements.
- Ability to read technical diagrams and instructions.
- Ensures safety policies, standards, and procedures are followed to achieve a safe work environment and safety for all staff, customers, and vendors.
- Other duties as assigned and as may be amended from time to time to meet company objectives.
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner.
- Must be highly organized with the ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Works well in a team environment.
- Observes safety and security procedures and reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and material properly.
- Excellent attendance is a must and consistently arrives to work on time.
- Have full body mobility and be able to twist, turn, bend at the waist, squat and lift up to 50lbs on a regular basis.
- Ability to work on his/her feet for extended periods of time with hands above the head.
Qualifications & Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Certificate of graduation or enrolment in an Apprenticeship Program at a recognized technical training institute.
- Must be a first-year apprentice.
- Valid Class 5 Drivers License and Driver’s Abstract is required.
- Record of Conduct required.
- Group Insurance Benefits.
- Registered Pension Plan.
**Subject to the terms and conditions of company policies.**
Capital Automotive Group is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to fostering a workforce in each of our locations that reflects the diversity of the community in which we perform business. We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Rate of pay: $17-$21/hr depending on experience.
Job Type: Full-time
Applications may be submitted via e-mail to email@example.com